- Do you have a passion for translating from English to German?
- Do you love working on a wide variety of source materials and for different international clients?
- Do you know how to adapt translations to different brand tones of voice?
- Do you enjoy working with translation technologies and have strong organizational skills?
If you can answer “yes” to all of the above, this position as an English to German translator at a world-leading localization provider could be for you.
Our lovely team is looking for a new colleague: a dedicated translation professional, an all-rounder who can competently handle a variety of linguistic tasks: translating user interfaces, error messages, Help desk materials, product descriptions, web-content, press releases and subtitles for videos. If you have copywriting talent as well, you might be writing blogs for our clients, not just translate them!
Successful candidates will be passionate about translating, have good time management skills, be curious and interested in IT, technology – and the world!
- Translate a variety of text types and subject matters
- Review and post-edit machine-produced translations
- Conduct terminology research
- Create and maintain translation memories and Termbases
- Create and maintain style guides
- Participate in occasional meetings with client contacts
- Make occasional visits to clients for product demos or briefings
- Cultural awareness
- Translation qualification and min. 3 years of experience
- Willingness to learn new things and to go the extra mile
- Ability to review work of others, edit and provide feedback
- Ability to work under pressure without impacting quality
- Good time management, versatility
- Professional approach and commitment to quality
- Able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Good eye for detail and ability to pay attention to multiple references
- Familiar with MemoQ, Trados, Smartling, Memsource and other CATs
- Ability to translate/transcreate marketing-type messages
- Experience translating for the e-commerce and finance sector
- Ability to translate from another source language
- Subtitling videos
About Alpha CRC
Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a global top-ten localization provider. We’ve built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies.
Alpha is a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over 30 nationalities represented in its 18 offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than work. We have activities ranging from paintball to cookery contests, or book exchanges to film watching, which take place across all our 15 countries.
We service an impressive range of internationally known clients in various sectors.