- Do you have a passion for translating from English to Norwegian?
- Do you love working on a wide variety of source materials and for different international clients?
- Do you know how to adapt translations to different brand tones of voice?
- Do you enjoy working with translation technologies and have strong organizational skills?
If you can answer “yes” to all of the above, this position as an English to Norwegian translator at a world-leading localization provider could be for you.
Our lovely team is looking for a new colleague: a dedicated translation professional, an all-rounder who can competently handle a variety of linguistic tasks: translating user interfaces, error messages, Help desk materials, product descriptions, web-content, press releases and subtitles for videos. If you have copywriting talent as well, you might be writing blogs for our clients, not just translate them!
Successful candidates will be passionate about translating, have good time management skills, be curious and interested in IT, technology – and the world!
- Translate a variety of text types and subject matters
- Review and post-edit machine-produced translations
- Conduct terminology research
- Create and maintain translation memories and Termbases
- Create and maintain style guides
- Participate in occasional meetings with client contacts
- Make occasional visits to clients for product demos or briefings
- Cultural awareness
- Translation qualification and min. 3 years of experience
- Willingness to learn new things and to go the extra mile
- Ability to review work of others, edit and provide feedback
- Ability to work under pressure without impacting quality
- Good time management, versatility
- Professional approach