Job Type: Internship
Business area: China PMO
Location: Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Manages and facilitates the translation phase of multilingual localization projects; Co-ordinates, supports and coaches the designated language teams by providing direction, expertise, and hands-on help; Acts as designated language consultant/contact for the client and works in tandem with the Project Manager.
What You Will Do
- Discuss the translation schedule and the make-up of the project team with project manager, vendor manager, and the language department manager;
- Perform pre-production evaluation of the project, noting such points as adequacy of the style guide and glossary, linguistic and technical difficulty, style of language and file formats.
- Read and understand client’s instructions and/or localization kit, prepare project-specific translation guidelines, and maintain and communicate the guidelines in the course of the project;
- Maintain project glossary and communicate updated glossary to the project team;
- Manage global queries internally and filter queries to the client;
- Interface with client reviewers;
- Read, track and summarize client review feedback;
- Monitor the quality of the project by implementing linguistic Quality Inspection process, inform and work with the Language Manager and Vendor Manager on any quality problems;
- Liaise with DTP and Engineering resources involved in the project to minimize language impact on their areas and overall rework due to linguistic issues.
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Bachelor degree or above, major in English or computer is preferred;
- High level of proficiency in English;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Highly responsible and patient;
- Self-starter & quick learner;
- Localization experience is a plus;
- Being familiar with standard localization tools such as Trados, Helium and LocStudio is a plus.
Lionbridge partners with brands to break barriers and build bridges all over the world. For over 25 years, we have helped companies connect with their global customers and employees by delivering translation and localization solutions in 350+ languages. Through our world-class platform, we orchestrate a network of passionate experts across the globe who partner with brands to create culturally rich experiences. Relentless in our love of linguistics, we use the best of human and machine intelligence to forge understanding that resonates with our customers’ clients. Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 24 countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lionbridge embraces equal employment opportunity and a diverse workforce, making hiring and employment decisions based on individual merits and talent without regard to any protected status.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in the online job application process for a posted position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.