Job Type: Internship
Business area: China PMO
Location: Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Manages and facilitates the translation phase of multilingual localization projects; Co-ordinates, supports and coaches the designated language teams by providing direction, expertise, and hands-on help; Acts as designated language consultant/contact for the client and works in tandem with the Project Manager.
What You Will Do
- Discuss the translation schedule and the make-up of the project team with project manager, vendor manager, and the language department manager;
- Perform pre-production evaluation of the project, noting such points as adequacy of the style guide and glossary, linguistic and technical difficulty, style of language and file formats.
- Read and understand client’s instructions and/or localization kit, prepare project-specific translation guidelines, and maintain and communicate the guidelines in the course of the project;
- Maintain project glossary and communicate updated glossary to the project team;
- Manage global queries internally and filter queries to the client;
- Interface with client reviewers;
- Read, track and summarize client review feedback;
- Monitor the quality of the project by implementing linguistic Quality Inspection process, inform and work with the Language Manager and Vendor Manager on any quality problems;
- Liaise with DTP and Engineering resources involved in the project to minimize language impact on their areas and overall rework due to linguistic issues.
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Bachelor degree or above, major in English or computer is preferred;
- High level of proficiency in English;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Highly responsible and patient;
- Self-starter & quick