The position is responsible for implementing the Quality Assurance and Quality Control process to ensure high quality of multiple languages in the Localization process. The Language Control ensures the quality of the translation input, monitors quality of the translation output, manages reference materials, and communicates with vendors and internal stakeholders. The role also involves the maintenance of translation memory and the improvements of language control systems and configurations.
What You Will Do
- Working closely with each function teams and the translators to control the quality of multiple languages within the cost and budget, mainly including:
- Analyze the source files to foresee risks and guide the translation process
- Monitor the vendors’ work and ensure the quality of multiple languages to continuously meet client expectations
- Maintain the translation memory and the effectiveness of corresponding systems and tools to reuse and refine the quality control process.
- To translate, review and audit all linguistic tasks for localization.
- Adhere to document quality standards, style guides and client-specific checklists.
- To ensure the quality of responsible projects meet both Lionbridge standard and Client’s requirements.
- Support and leading junior members to achieve team objectives.
To Be Successful You Will
- Bachelor or higher degree in language/linguistics, willing to engage in work related to language quality control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English
- A second language is preferred, such as Japanese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Lao, Vietnamese and other languages
- Have good communication skills
- Have good time management skills
- Have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Work independently, quick-learner, detail-oriented, quality-focused, and proactive.
In Return, You Can Expect
- You will work for the world’s #1 globalization company and a Forbes “America’s Best Large Employer and “Best Employers for Women” Company.
- You will work with a team as passionate as you are and that are always there to help.
- Ability to cope with latest technologies.
- Integrate into team work and quickly improve communication and teamwork skills.
Lionbridge partners with brands to break barriers and build bridges all over the world. For over 25 years, we have helped companies connect with their global customers and employees by delivering translation and localization solutions in 350+ languages. Through our world-class platform, we orchestrate a network of passionate experts across the globe who partner with brands to create culturally rich experiences. Relentless in our love of linguistics, we use the best of human and machine intelligence to forge understanding that resonates with our customers’ clients. Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 24 countries. Learn more at www.lionbridge.com.
If the scope and opportunity of this role interests you then please send your resume to email@example.com.