About the Job
WORK LOCATION: remote work/work from home
WORK SCHEDULE: 15-20 hours per week
WORK TIMELINE: 4-8 weeks
LANGUAGE: Traditional Chinese and English
JOB TYPE: Hourly, Part-time
TELUS International AI Data Solutions is growing our community of language specialists for Traditional Chinese language, who will perform various tasks including but not limited to content creation, content annotation, content evaluation, and translation.
Task description: for the current project, as our language specialist, you will be responsible for,
- Review and categorization of a list of words according to specific guidelines for sensitive content areas (list is text-only; no video/audio/images)*
- Evaluating existing list of terms and conducting research to identify and fill gaps in coverage for sensitive content areas (existing list is text-only; however, research may involve incidental exposure to sources containing both text and image/video/audio)*
NOTE: TELUS International offers a Wellness program for project participants due to the sensitive nature of the content involved. This content may touch upon sensitive topics such as violence, explicit content, abuse, or minor safety.
- Native or near-native speaker of Traditional Chinese language
- Over 18 years old.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major in a language-related discipline, such as linguistics, language teaching, translation, creative writing, journalism or technical writing, etc.
- Professional proofreading, translation, or editorial skills.
- Background in research and other social sciences (sociology, psychology, political science, or history) is a plus.
Estimated start date: Immediately, this is an ongoing project
Estimated workload: 10-20 hours per week
Project duration: 4-8 weeks, with possibility of extension.
- 17USD per hour
- Payments are made upon completion of the project through Hyperwallet via TELUS International AI Community Portal.
Assessment: A project-specific consent and training will be administered as part of the screening for this project after you have passed our initial assessment.
If you are interested in becoming our trusted Language Specialist, please apply for this opportunity via “Apply” button.
For more details about this role please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include the code “Language Specialist_2023 Hong Kong” in the body of the mail or the subject line.