- Are you meticulous about good grammar and accurate spelling with German at mother-tongue level?
- Do you have a precise understanding of German and a high level of English?
- Do you enjoy working in a multinational environment?
If you can answer yes to these questions, this entry-level position as a linguistic tester at a world-leading localization services provider could be the perfect opportunity. It’s a chance to kick-start your career in a fast-moving professional environment and develop a wide range of in-demand skills.
Working as part of a large international team, you’ll be able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity while remaining focused on different projects simultaneously. You’ll have excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly and precisely in English. This is a role in which you’ll demonstrate strong client-facing skills and have the opportunity to develop professionally at a rapid rate.
You’ll have a keen eye for linguistic detail in German and a keen ability to spot errors, review translations and ensure consistent style for your clients’ target audiences.
Working with on-stage testing and our computer aided translation (CAT) tools, you’ll be IT literate and have a proactive approach to problem-solving. While experience in translation technologies is not essential, you’ll be keen to learn new software skills and apply them professionally.
Take a look through the detailed role specification below. If this sounds like a challenge you would relish, we’d love to hear from you.
- Linguistic testing of software, websites, audio, presentations, etc., from diverse clients
- Linguistic review of texts in German language in terms of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style
- Reporting any typos, grammar mistakes, truncation issues and inconsistencies
- Ensuring that the text is compliant with customer glossaries and style guides
- Submitting issues in bug-tracking systems and then verifying the fixes
- Editing graphics and snapping screenshots for product documentation
- Provide language-specific support
- Occasional meetings with client contacts
- Respond to client queries or feedback
- Consultation/discussion with client reviewers
- Participating in briefings and discussions with clients on language-related matters
- All candidates must pass a linguistic test in German language prior to interview
- German speaker of mother-tongue level with a high level of language awareness
- Very good eye for detail
- Good communicator with excellent reporting skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Confident and comfortable in using IT platforms and devices
- Linguistic experience or training/education required
- Testing experience is an advantage
- Applicants who can demonstrate strong technical knowledge are of particular interest
Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a global top-ten localization provider. We’ve built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies.
Alpha is a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over 30 nationalities represented in its 17 offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than work. We have activities ranging from paintball to cookery contests, or book exchanges to film watching, which take place across all our 15 countries.