translate plus, an award-winning Top 10 international Language Services Provider, including, Top 3 in the EU and Top 2 in the UK, is a Publicis Groupe company, one of the most well-established advertising corporations globally. translate plus sits within the network’s cross-media production platform, Publicis Production. This brings together production specialists who are experts in: video, digital media, and print, to produce award-winning content for leading global brands.
Recent recognition awards for translate plus include an award for “Great Employers”, and an award for “Women in Business”, more details can be found on our website regarding these two great achievements.
translate plus also promotes numerous employee well-being policies across all our offices, which align with Publicis Groupe guidelines. We offer WFH flexibility to all employees as well as relevant programmes to help promote mental and physical well-being.
translate plus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Localization Engineer.
The Localization Engineer is a key role that supports the technical aspect of a translation project – the preparation and conversion of translation files. The role is critical for the timely and quality delivery of projects to translate plus clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and converting files for translation using CAT (Computer-assisted translation) tools (e.g. SDL Studio, MemoQ, Transit)
- Troubleshooting and solving technical challenges related to translation projects, CAT tools, different types of files (Excel, Word, XML, JSON, etc)
- Investigating and exploring new technologies and techniques in order to improve translation workflows.
- Creating guides to document already existing processes for different types of projects depending on the client.
- Supporting Project Managers and Account Managers with translation software and file challenges based on their format.
Skills and Experience required for the Localization engineer role:
- Good communications skills in English (spoken and written)
- Very good computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power Point, other applications are a plus
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in technology and software applications
- Ability to quickly understand and get to grips with unfamiliar software
- Knowledge of CAT tools is an advantage
It would be a bonus but not a must if you have:
- Knowledge of XML, HTML
- Experience with e-learning software (e.g. Articulate storyline 2, 3, articulate 360/Rise)
- Knowledge of regular expressions
What we offer:
- Career development and progression possibilities
- High quality trainings (via inhouse and external trainers) and access to thousands of on-line/e-learning courses to develop essential, functional and industry skills (via Publicis Marcel, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
- Access to worldwide job/gigs opportunities within the Publicis Groupe
- Work your world – As part of the Publicis Groupe policy, up to 6 weeks of working from a different country
- Café Marcel – Networking opportunities with fellow colleagues in the Publicis Groupe all around the world
- Paid leave days increase on yearly basis
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
We also offer an extensive Employee Benefits Scheme, which includes:
- Team building events
- Working from home
- Flexi hours
- Office equipment allowance
- Family friendly policies (extended maternity/paternity leaves etc)
- Breakfast, fruits, tea, coffee, cereal
- Team lunches
- Easter hamper
- Pizza day (and other snacks) (in office)
- Flu vaccine
- Eye test (if required by employee)
- Friday drinks
- Summer gathering
- Winter gathering
- Christmas gifts/vouchers
In addition to the general benefits scheme we also offer a Service Recognition Plan, which means that with every year at translate plus there are additional rewards for employees such as extra holidays, dental insurance, bonus payments, treats & vouchers, etc.
Do you want to work for a market-leading company?
If you cannot wait to become the next member of our successful team, please contact us now!
Please note that we normally receive a very large number of applications. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible should you be invited for an interview. If you are not invited for an interview at this stage, your application will be saved for future consideration – with your explicit permission and as per our GDPR-policy and/or related official regulations.