Localization Quality Assurance Tester
This is a 100% on-site position in San Jose, Costa Rica.
What’s In It For You?
- Get your foot in the door with a career in the video game industry
- Get paid to play video games professionally and test new games before they are released!
- On the job training to become a professional game tester with rapid career progression
- Work alongside fellow gamers who are passionate about what they do!
- Working with a Forbes-listed World-Leader in, “Top Employer of Women” and “Top Employer for Diversity”
- Evaluating game translations, consistency, language correctness, layout of of on-screen text, audio, and subtitles.
- Executing and updating test cases.
- Identifying and reporting issues, providing suggestions for solutions.
- Documenting and tracking bugs in English using bug databases in line with project requirements.
- Cooperating with test leads and international testers.
- Check and be aware of cultural correctness in the target market for your language.
- Verifying console terminology.
- Analyzing the product through playing and testing for better understanding and gathering feedback to suggest improvements.
- Performing tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Native-level speaker of target language and knowledgeable of the target culture.
- Excellent command of the native language in writing and oral communication.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Passion for video games and broad knowledge of video game platforms.
- Proficient with Windows/MS Office.
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance or Game Localization is a plus.
- Experience with translation or proofreading is also a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, pro-active and team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as independently with minimal supervision.
Lionbridge Games delivers the gaming experience you envision to any global audience. Our passionate global gamers help bring every aspect of your game to life, without compromise. Our services include narrative design, game localization, voiceover recording, subtitling, quality assurance testing, and player experience services. Lionbridge brings the highest quality and most precise testing to every game you develop—everywhere it will be played.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The successful candidate will have to pass a criminal background check to Lionbridge’s satisfaction. A criminal record does not constitute an automatic bar to employment at Lionbridge, and the nature of the job, the seriousness of the crime and date of the conviction will be considered
Breaking Barriers. Building Bridges.
Lionbridge embraces equal employment opportunity and a diverse workforce, making hiring and employment decisions based on individual merits and talent without regard to any protected status.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in the online job application process for a posted position, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.