Localization Quality Assurance Tester
This is a 100% on-site position in San Jose, Costa Rica.
What’s In It For You?
- Get your foot in the door with a career in the video game industry
- Get paid to play video games professionally and test new games before they are released!
- On the job training to become a professional game tester with rapid career progression
- Work alongside fellow gamers who are passionate about what they do!
- Working with a Forbes-listed World-Leader in, “Top Employer of Women” and “Top Employer for Diversity”
- Evaluating game translations, consistency, language correctness, layout of of on-screen text, audio, and subtitles.
- Executing and updating test cases.
- Identifying and reporting issues, providing suggestions for solutions.
- Documenting and tracking bugs in English using bug databases in line with project requirements.
- Cooperating with test leads and international testers.
- Check and be aware of cultural correctness in the target market for your language.
- Verifying console terminology.
- Analyzing the product through playing and testing for better understanding and gathering feedback to suggest improvements.
- Performing tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Native-level speaker of target language and knowledgeable of the target culture.
- Excellent command of the native language in writing and oral communication.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Passion for video games and broad knowledge of video game platforms.
- Proficient with Windows/MS Office.
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance or Game Localization is a plus.
- Experience with translation or proofreading is also a plus.