Make a difference about how games are received by testing them before their release.
Eliminate truncations, incorrect grammar, spelling mistakes, and mistranslations in your favorite games. Help us improve and influence games.
Check the titles that none of your friends have ever played before, from Indie to full-fledged AAA games by well-known publishers.
Linguistic Game Tester m/f/d
Lionbridge Gaming (localization, Audio And Testing Services) Is Looking For Native-level Speakers (m/f/d) Of The Following Languages To Accommodate For Their Quality Assurance Test Needs In Berlin
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Traditional Chinese
- English (US)
- Mexican Spanish
- Evaluating game translations and proofreading of on-screen text, audio and subtitles
- Cultural correctness validation
- Verifying console terminology
- Identifying and tracking issues, suggesting solutions to encountered problems
- Error reporting (in English)
- Bug reporting in online/offline bug databases
- Cooperating with test leads and international testers
- Native-level speaker (m/f/d) of one of target languages is mandatory
- Excellent command of the native language in writing and orally
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong passion for video games and broad knowledge of video game platforms
- Proficient with Windows/Office
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance or Game Localization is a plus
- Experience with translation or proofreading is also a plus
- Strong attention to detail and rigorous respect of deadlines
- Flexible, pro-active and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure as well as independently with minimal supervision
- A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic international company
- Great opportunity to work on exciting video games projects
- Possibility to grow within the company and access to our own Learning Management System
- Position located in Berlin, one of the most culturally vibrant cities in Europe
- Your birthday off! Get one additional vacation day for your birthday
- Free access to Grokker, your personal wellbeing website/app
- Fresh fruit always available at the office
Applicants must have a valid work permit to work in Germany and should be able to work in our office in Berlin. Remote work is not possible for this project.
We kindly inform that Lionbridge reserves right to contact only selected candidates.
Lionbridge embraces equal employment opportunity and a diverse workforce, making hiring and employment decisions based on individual merits and talent without regard to any protected status.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in the online job application process for a posted position, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.