Lilt is the leading AI solution for enterprise translations. Our stack made up of our Contextual AI Engine, Connector APIs, and Human Adaptive Feedback enable global organizations to adopt a true AI translation strategy, focusing on business outcomes instead of outputs. With Lilt, innovative, category-defining organizations like Intel, ASICS, WalkMe, Canva, Bloomberg, Walmart, AWS, and Philips are using AI technology to deliver multilingual, digital customer experiences at scale.
As a result, Lilt’s AI technology foundation is similar to ChatGPT and Google Translate, before our patented Contextual AI Engine, connector-first approach, and human-adapted feedback.
Our team is located globally in San Francisco, Indianapolis, London, and Berlin with hubs located in Washington D.C., New York City, and Boston. You can learn more about us and what it’s like to work here on our Careers page!
The Production Team at Lilt
Lilt’s Production Team is a global workforce, operating across four continents. We are passionate about localization and making information accessible to all. The Team spans project management, program management, quality, and talent management, working with some of the world’s largest organizations.
Working in Lilt’s Production Team you will have access to leading tools, collaborative teammates, and opportunities to make a real impact.
What You’ll Do
The Production Coordinator ensures successful production execution across a portfolio of accounts.
Under the supervision of a Production Manager or Production Lead, the Production Coordinator provides back-office (non-customer facing) support in a specific timezone to enable 24/5 production delivery.
They will work with a team of production managers, primarily based in Europe, and a base of production coordinators who are located globally.
This is a contract opportunity with an ongoing weekly work schedule.
- Executes project management tasks as required by the Production Team.
- Utilise a range of technical tools and systems to executive tasks, including Jira, Lilt Translation Editor, QA tools, Front, and Retool.
- Provides the necessary status updates and handovers to their Production Managers/Leads as well as Production Coordinator peers.
- Maintain and exceed performance against KPIs.
Skills And Experience
- Assigning linguists to projects based on predefined team lists and by applying automation.
- Setting and managing project deadlines according to customer SLAs.
- Tracking assignment status, including acceptance and rejection rates from linguists.
- Communicates well with local colleagues and internal production team members
- Communication with linguists to confirm project status, any risks/issues impacting ability to deliver on time.
- Coordination of queries from linguists; logging queries in the appropriate format/platform, directing responses back to linguists within production timelines.
- Reassignment of projects to alternative linguists as needed to meet project deadlines or mitigate quality issues.
- Data entry and administration related to linguist performance, availability and payments.
- Sending and receiving translation quality feedback (revision reports or other format) to linguists.
- Checking status of QA checks in Lilt and following up with linguists on non-completion / non-compliance.
- Delivering projects by the project deadlines
- Ensures all system admin, including data entry, is accurate for their accounts
- Has a clear understanding of all production workflows and processes related to their tasks and duties.
- Consistently follows correct protocols for their tasks and accounts.
- Escalates Production risks/blockers in the appropriate manner to their Production Manager or Lead as soon as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Proficient in English at a professional level
- Past experience includes translation, project coordination/management, linguistic or other localization related activities.
- Solid organizational skills including meticulous attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Our founders, Spence and John met at Google working on Google Translate. As researchers at Stanford and Berkeley, they both worked on language technology to make information accessible to everyone. They were amazed to learn that Google Translate wasn’t used for enterprise products and services inside the company and left to start a new company to address this need – Lilt.
At its core, Lilt has always been a machine learning company since its incorporation on March 6, 2015. At the time, machine translation didn’t meet the quality standard for enterprise translations, so Lilt assembled a cutting-edge research team tasked with closing that gap. While meeting customer demand for translation services, Lilt has prioritized investments in Large Language Models, believing that this foundation was imperative to the future of enterprise translation.
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.