Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and cultivate a workplace culture of belonging that views uniqueness as a competitive edge and builds a community that enables our people to push the limits of innovation to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives. A career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference and invest in your growth in a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment. If you are excited about a role but don’t meet every bullet point, we encourage you to apply and join us to create the extraordinary.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Wiring Product Engineer located in Cebu, Philippines.
What a typical day looks like:
- Responsible for receiving, analyze, clean, and customize all technical information/documentation from the customer related to his product, derived from a New Product Introduction (NPI) or a design change in order to establish all necessary processes to manufacture it by maintaining its design and performance integrity.
- Handle product transfer and new product set up.
- Support production by assessing product engineering issues of diverse scope that arise on production line.
- Suggest improvements to process to obtain improved quality and production yield.
- Solve product related problems and perform failure analysis related to product issues.
- Interact with customer and various departments on product related issues – engineering changes, new model development.
- Work with design team to resolve design related issues.
- Suggest modification to work instructions, material or product changes to ensure superior quality of products.
- Customer´s Bill of Material (BOM) analysis and structure definition for production
- Functional Product Documentation review
- Safety Requirements and regulations compliance identification
- Engineering Drawings Interpretation of individual parts and assemblies.
- Request customer for drawing corrections, additions, clarification, measurements methods
- Lead Engineering Changes Implementation
- Conduct Design for Manufacturing (DFM), tolerance analysis, Design of Experiment (DOE), form-fit-function to determine failure root/cause analysis and reporting to customer
- Provide support to supply chain to integrate parts derived from the vertical integration or localization effort
- Provide product training to the manufacturing/process engineers for better understanding of the product.
- Request, handle and administrate golden samples, engineering samples of final product and/or piece parts
- Establish, operate and maintain a standard method for technical information interchange with the customer to control and preserve information of NPI transferred projects
- Analysis of customer product parts and assemblies through model files using Computer-aided Design (CAD) system
- Analyze and determine course of action of Product Change Notification (PCN) and Manufacturing Change Order (MCO)
- Ability to take additional responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer depending on the size and complexity of the customer product
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Possesses a Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the related field is required
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We’re happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).