1.1. Access To Our Services
- Visit, access, or use any of our services through our website; and
- Register, provide e-mail, and use the services of Localization Academy; and
- Buy any courses or digital products available through our website.
1.2. User Right Compliance
SECTION 2 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We gather users’ personal and other information to provide and continuously improve our services. Here are the kinds of personal, direct, and indirect information we gather:
2.1. Account Information
Users’ contact and profile information including users’ names and email addresses as well as third-party services information collection along with payment details (through automatic payment gateways).
- The collection of personal information from users will be: (but is not limited to)
- Full Name
- Additional Information (Collected and Processed Automatically)
- User’s Zoom Information collection for providing our services
- LinkedIn ID
- Facebook and Google Information
- Stripe and Paypal Information (Processed through Thinkific)
2.2. Automatic Information Collection (Logs, Usage, And Support Data)
Log data, which may include user’s IP address, device type, and settings, device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you use our website, information about browser configuration, language preferences, unique identifiers, and cookies.
General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the website.
2.3. Third-Party Reliance
- We use third-party analytics services, fundamentally Google analytics, to help us in analyzing patterns and insights on our website’s services. With the gadget and use of information gathered by our third-party analytics services, we produce and process collected data. We also use FB Pixel and LinkedIn Tag in integrating mode on our website to provide our services. All these third-party services also store temporary or sessional cookies on users’ devices.
- Our primary payment processing partners are Stripe and PayPal. Both of these platforms support a range of payment methods including but not limited to credit and debit cards as well as bank transfers. Both of these payment platforms will treat and safeguard your data with total security and with the exclusive purpose of processing the purchase of the digital products and our services. All the payment platforms have their own rules and regulations for data collection and data processing policies which can be read by accessing the privacy policies of these payment platforms. You can find more about following these links and reading the payment platforms’ privacy policies:
You can find more about Zoom and Thinkific data practices and how they are going to use, store and process your data by reading their privacy policies by following these links:
2.4. Who Has Access To The Users Sensitive Information
All sensitive information, such as passwords, is end-to-end encrypted. No one can have access to it. In other words, we will never be able to see what your password is but will be able to change it if requested.
2.5. Information And Account Removal
To delete your account, please send an email request to email@example.com.
SECTION 3 – USAGE OF USERS’ INFORMATION
We use your information to offer, create, and improve the services that we provide through our platform. The reasons for collecting your information and usage thereof include:
3.1. Providing And Securing Our Services:
- We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users can use our services for their pets and make changes to their accounts.
- We use the information that is provided by the users when they sign up for our services, and process payments when they buy the courses through our website. We may contact users regarding the services, and manage their accounts.
- We use the contact information and information related to any inquires that have been requested from us. We further manage our contact with, respond to users’ questions and requests, and send users’ updates and information about any updates on our website.
- We use logging and other data such as general location information, for example, the IP address of your browser or device to help us manage the performance, security, and compliance of the services.
3.2. Troubleshooting, Providing And Improving The Services of Our Website
We use the information gathered from users to improve our website, fix the bugs, errors glitches, and mistakes in our website.
3.3. Comply With Lawful Commitments
We may use and share users’ information where we are required by lawful, legal, or judicial authority to do so.
3.4. Communicate With You
We use your contact information where appropriate to send you information about our services, events, new plans, changed subscription plans, and marketing communications. We also use email statistics to assess the effectiveness and to make improvements to our communications.
3.5. Fraud And Scam Prevention And Detection
We use individual data to detect and prevent abuse and fraud to ensure the security of our users/customers and others. We may likewise use scoring strategies to evaluate and oversee credit risks.
SECTION 4 – COOKIES POLICY
SECTION 5 – USER DATA AND PRIVACY RIGHTS IN TERMS OF INFORMATION
- When using our services, you may access, update, or correct most of your Account information by logging in to your account to edit your profile information.
- If you have requests that cannot be carried out by logging in to your account, such as accessing additional information or deleting information about you, please email our privacy team. Please note that we may need to retain certain information about you for as long as you maintain an account for our services, to provide you with our services, for record-keeping purposes, for payment processing, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce the applicable terms of service or other agreement in place between you and our website (the “Terms and Conditions”).
- Requests to access, correct, or delete your information will be handled within thirty (30) days unless they are unusually extensive or complex, in which case we will advise you of the expected timeline for handling your request.
- If you have authorized us to access your personal information, you may revoke this access at any time.
SECTION 6 – SHARING OF USER INFORMATION
We do not rent or sell users’ personal identifiable information. We restrict access to the information provided by the users’ to the authorized employees and authorized contractors. We may share some information (non-identifiable) related to users’ behaviour in aggregated form with specific service providers (such as Google Analytics) and other third parties. Some of the instances under which we may share users’ information are as follows.
6.1. Employees And Authorized Contractors
Our employees and authorized contractors may need to access information about users when they require this to perform their job. For example, a customer support representative would need access to your account to validate user’s identity and respond to user’s question or request; our email communications team would need access to the contact information provided by the user in order to ensure that this information is sent correctly and any unsubscribe requests are properly managed; and our security staff would need to review information to investigate attempted denial of service attacks, fraudulent account activity, or other attempts to compromise the Services. Please note that all our employees and contractors are required to agree to maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of personal information.
6.2. Successor Entities
6.3. Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, And Professional Advisors
We may need to disclose information about our website users’ where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to a court order or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
Besides, we may be required to disclose information about users’ if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action: (a) against illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the rights or property of those who use our Services), or to protect the personal safety of any person; or (b) regarding situations that involve the security of our services, abuse of the Services infrastructure, or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, or denial of service attacks).
SECTION 7 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We rely on third-party platforms to render our services. Please note that all of these services are changeable and we may use other alternatives in case we find new, better, and improved third-party platforms. These links may or may not be associated or affiliated with us in any way.
SECTION 8 – PROTECTION AND RETENTION OF USER INFORMATION
Localization Academy’s platform maintains industry-standard security safeguards to protect the private and personal information of the users. This includes ensuring our employees receive appropriate security and privacy training and guidance, so they are aware of the measures they need to implement to protect such information.
8.1. Retention Of User Information
- Generally, we do not permanently store any content from users’ data on the Localization Academy’s platform. Rather, when you log in to the website, we retrieve data from our website in real-time so that it is displayed in the portal for viewing during your session. We store other content that you produce so that you can easily access this material on the website.
- Some of the information (provided directly and indirectly) is either anonymized or deleted however, we do not delete some data either. We mainly keep the data for tax, compliance for record-keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the terms for our services.
- After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information about you, we will dispose of it securely or anonymize the data.
SECTION 9 – NOTICE FOR RESIDENTS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA REGARDING STORAGE OF DATA
All information provided to us is stored securely and treated with care and respect. The data that we collect may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) such as Japan, United States, or Australia. It may also be processed by persons operating outside the EEA. If we do send your data outside the EEA, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate measures to protect users’ information. All users of our services hereby agree to this step when they chose to sign up for our services.
SECTION 10 – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR) COMPLIANCE
You as a resident of the European region have the following rights when you are using the services of our website. We have adopted this procedure specifically for the residents of European Countries or cities. In accordance with the GDPR, all users, members, buyers, and visitors (who have used any of our services) have the right to access their personal information about themselves that they have stored on our systems, and they can have us update this data, correct it, or delete it. Also, you may at any time withdraw your consent to any activity in which you provided us your consent. You are also entitled to obtain from us your Information (excluding data we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller.
Privacy Rights Under GDPR
You are entitled to the following privacy rights:
- The Right To Access – You have the right to request from us copies of your personal data.
- The Right To Rectification – You have the right to request that we correct (or complete) any information you believe is inaccurate (or incomplete) about yourself.
- The Right To Erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Object To Processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Data Portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Complain To A Supervisory Authority – You have the right to any Supervisory Authority under GDPR.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 11 – CCPA COMPLIANCE
Under CCPA users have the following rights.
- Users have the right to know what personal information our website collects.
- Users have the right to know who we share their data with.
- Users have the right to deletion of their data.
- Users have the right to receive Non-Discrimination services.
SECTION 12 – CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We conform with the law of the children’s Data Protection Act regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. Localization Academy’s services are all aimed at individuals who are above 16 years or who are of age based on their local laws. If you are under that age, kindly don’t enroll to use the services and don’t give us any data about yourself.
SECTION 14 – OPTING OUT OF OUR EMAIL LIST
We will send the users of our website emails and newsletters or we will notify them through email regarding any changes or amendments to our website. As a user, you have the right to opt out of our e-mail list. In order to opt-out, you can follow the link given at the end of the email. Alternately, you can contact us at email@example.com to have your email removed from our list.
SECTION 15 – CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please email our Privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.